Monday 24 February 2014

Oliver Jeffers- day home

We spent the last week in the day home exploring Oliver Jeffers books, and had lots of fun!

here is what we did!
 I put out stars for a craft, the children made magic wands and colored pictures.
 also to go with how to catch a star, I put stars in the water table to catch
 this is Blake's drawing of his friend trying to catch a star
 

little morning tea party!
 The huey's!  these books are so much fun! I put stuff out for the children to make Huey's
 Blake, he decided to make a space ship.
 stuck!
 I wrapped tape around our laundry hanger to use as a tree. I put the tape stick side out and just let the kids go to town! and that they did...
 there was not a single toy left on the playroom floor!  I should have got a picture from the side, this picture just does not do justice exactly HOW much stuff they stuff in our tree!!
 trying to catch stars with pinchers.
 finished products.
 a paper airplane toss to go with the great paper caper!
yes, they are shooting airplanes towards the baby....I thought the children would make paper airplanes too, or at least attempt. but they did not!  After flying the airplanes they decided to see where they could get them stuck! 
 The one was a bit of a stretch, but this is a yarn maze to go with this moose belongs to me.
they had to get through the maze without touching the yarn!
 This picture is hard to see, but there was a sting of yarn they had to follow for part 2 of the activity. this better part went a little better with the book.  At the end of the string was a little treat for them.
 So from time to time when I get a box I leave it in the playroom to see what the children will do with it, I would say 90% of the time the box is used as a bed, for them or a baby.

 
The children really enjoyed Oliver Jeffers books, I had enough of his books to read 3 each lunch time this week, the children liked to try and guess what we would do that would go with the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment