Sunday 10 June 2012

gardening/flowers-day home

If you are new to my blog, i use this space mostly to display things i have done in my day home.  Themes and activities and such, however i only post pictures with my children.
for a theme in the month of May we did flowers/gardening. here are some of the activities i did with the children!
 after over a year of using a rubbermaid on top of a box, i purchased a water table for inside my house! I've had one outside that i used to bring in but it's spent a little too much time out now... anyway, i'm thrilled with it! i love to put themed items in it for play.  This is filled with flower petals, flowers, shovels, and there was pails too. 
 Of course the obvious activity, paint pots, and plant something!
 I poured the left over soil from the pots into our outdoor water table.  i was surprised at how long ALL the children stayed interested in this, normally just the younger too are busy in the water table.  I purchased the dirt from the dollar store, it is amazing the stuff you can find there!
 Our plants. we will see if they survive! they have been left in the rain a few times, and last year when i planted with the children our cat knocked over every last pot and broke them. so far we have something growing in 3 out of 5!

I also had flower petal colleges, and leis in the dress up.  |A trip to a flower shop would have been a great add on to this theme, however did not get to it this time around.
This was not for the flower theme, just a science experiment i did with the children.  I came accross a book at the library that had some awesome water science experiments that were very simple and easy to do with young children.  I loved the book so much i ordered it and another one from the same line off amazon, and am going to try and do every experiment in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment