Friday 21 March 2014

Cat the pete Day home

we ended up having a shorter week then I thought so didn't quite get to all our pete the cat activities, but here is what we did do!


'my buttons, my buttons, my 4 groovy buttons!'
My kids LOVE that Pete the Cat song! So of course we read Pete the Cat and his 4 groovy buttons.

then we had a button sorting activity.



My daughter and day home child are often working on pictures together, they will get a piece of paper and together cover every inch of the paper with colors and stickers and glitter glue. So I thought a week long picture we all worked on would be lots of fun!  So I draw up a pete the cat in poster paper and let the children at it! The idea was that every time we read a new story they could add something to the poster, Blake is drawing Pete's buttons on below.
 Pete the Cat, I love my white shoes.

So we set up a shoe store, I made this little fort out of pvc pipe and and denim.  There is a little door and window and it has been used for many stores and shops and other such things in the day home. 

This activity also went with the shoes book, I found it on pinterest but the lady who posted it didn't actually say what she did with it!  So, I spent way to long cutting and glue gunning these foot prints on a table cloth.  (could not find the packing tape that would have made this easier!) So anyway, the children made different games of only stepping on a certain color, or touching all 4 colors or just dancing on the foot prints.  It wasn't as much of a hit as I'd hoped for but they still enjoyed it.
 our shoe store was turned into a drive in, here's my 3 little cooks!
 our Pete the Cat poster at the end of the week, there was a surf board added for the Pete at the beach book, and pete's brother riding a wave on the side.
 we had a couple Pete the Cat print outs, and some foot prints to decorate.

 Kayla dancing!
I am a huge fan of Pete the Cat books! I enjoyed reading them to the children this week!

Next week, Super Heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment