Monday 14 October 2013

dayhome-apples

well it's been a while, but we are going to give the blog thing a try again!

So out on a walk one day the children are collecting pine cones,  when I asked what they are going to do with them my day home child said something along the lines of, 'I'm going to dig them in the ground and they are going to grow into a big apple tree and everyone can pick my apples'

so planning a week around apples seemed like a good idea!
here is a little of what we did:
 forgot to rotate pictures again....anyway, here is our apple tree, the kids could add apples as they liked, they just love taping things so this was a fun activity!

 cutting apples for baking! there was A LOT of sampling going on!!
 apple print painting
 apple crumble pizza we made, oh so good!!
 here is an apple counting puzzle I made with fun foam and dye cuts
 apple college
 blake busy working!
 kayla on crazy hair day!
the finished apple tree colleges.  in an attempt to get the children more familiar with letters I have been printing a picture to go with each theme, and every lunch I point out the picture and talk about the letter.

and of course, apple smiles for snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment